Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our visit to see LaLa, Akers, Alexis and Jess

The three of us had a great time in New Orleans!

We arrived on Saturday and Alexis and Jess were waiting for us outside in the front yard. They couldn't wait to read Dora books to Emma and show us their bedrooms. Sunday, we went to church and picked up lunch at this incredible grocery store Roberts! They have an amazing salad bar! After nap time we headed downtown to do a little Christmas shopping. We met Jason, Laura, and the kids at Jason's office and walked over to Fulton Street where we watched snow fall and Alexis and Jess took a picture with Santa. On Monday and Tuesday, Emma and I hung out with Laura and Jess while Patrick attended his CPA conference. We had fun shopping at Lakeside and Little Miss Muffet, going to watch Alexis at Ballet, eating lunch at Nola Beans with Betsy, and watching Baby Einstein with Jess. Patrick and I even were able to go to K Paul's for a date night on Tuesday. It was delicious! Needless to say, Patrick and I ate very well for 5 days. Jason, I loved your shish kabobs and the Red Fish topped with crab meat was awesome.

Thanks Laura and Jason for making our first visit to see you in New Orleans special! We love your neighborhood and only wish New Orleans was a little closer so we could hang out more often. We enjoyed being with you and the kids and I look forward to many more visits!

No comments: