Friday, December 5, 2008

Off to the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Patrick's grandmother, Dan, came over to Shreveport for the holiday and Mrs. Carol Anne cooked a delicious spread for our feast! Of course, Emma was the center of attention and all of her great grandparents loved watching her smile and coo!


Dan and Emma


This weekend we are headed to the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend. It has been a family tradition for 3 years. We go to support and run for Allen Smith and all of the other precious children. We also enjoy going to Memphis to see family, and I look forward to Emma meeting her Great Uncle Rick,Aunt Nikki, and cousin Whitney.

Allen Smith is the son of Brad and Amie who are close family friends of ours. Allen got a rare form of leukemia over three years ago at the age of three years old. He is a survivor of cancer and now in remission, so we are celebrating this weekend- NO MORE CHEMO! Patrick and I are not going to be running, but we will cheer Rob on to the finish line! He is running the 1/2 marathon. I love participating in this weekend event and I always leave Memphis inspired by all of the St. Jude heroes, parents and families. Their contagious smiles and steadfast spirits are truly amazing!! I have attached Allen's caringbridge website so you can see a picture of Allen and his family. http://www.caringbridge.org/la/allensmith/index.htm




St. Jude 2007

No comments: