If you don't already know, Patrick loves to cook. He is a great cook too! One of his favorite shows is THROWDOWN with Bobby Flay. We have always talked about planting an herb garden, so Emma and I decided to make this our weekend project while Daddy was busy working.
I thought it would be fun to surprise him with some of his favorite cooking herbs, but I did not know where to begin..so...I called Mrs. Beth Erwin, who seems to know everything about outside planting and gardening. She agreed to meet us at the nursery to pick out the best herbs that would be suitable for planting in my pots. After loading my buggy up with oregano, basil, thyme, chives, mint, and lavender, she gave me some quick planting instructions and we headed back home. I was determined to get all of the herbs planted before Patrick got home, so I went to work while Emma and Cotton watched me. Gone are the days when you could get a project finished without any interuptions! We were able to get half of them planted before Emma wanted all of the attention.
When Patrick got home I made him smell and guess the different herbs and he got 3 out of 6 correct. I can't wait for him to use the cilantro to make us fresh guacamole.
We had a great weekend spending most of our time outside and with family! Thank you Mrs. Beth for all of your help. We hope that all of our herbs thrive and that Cotton doesn't think they are pretty plants to "potty" on!
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment