Saturday, February 21, 2009

6 months old


Emma was 6 months old on Feburary 19th. It is hard to believe how fast 6 months has flown by! She is now sitting up, teething on all of her toys with her 2 bottom teeth, eating some baby food, and exploring her new world. She is a very happy baby and full of love!

On Thursday, we went to the doctor and due to her weight we are now having to supplement with formula. Dr. Ritch gave us a special recipe of formula and her Aunt Lala calls these extra feedings her "protein shakes." So far Emma seems to like her protein shakes! Other than her weight issue, her appointment went well and she got her 6 month shots. After tears and a family group hug, she was ready to go shop for some veggies and a toothbrush!

I wanted Patrick to be at home to experience her first bite of baby food, so this morning she had squash and some rice cereal for breakfast. (I am going to try to post the video of her eating her first bite.) She spit most of the squash out and onto her bib,but I am looking forward to her next meal!! I never would of thought I would be making my own baby food, but I have been very surprised at how easy the process can be if you have the time. All you need is a steamer, blender, and some freezer trays. Here is a picture of my first batch of butternut squash!



We are still enjoying our walks and I can't wait for Spring and April 15th! Patrick has started working late and weekends, so Emma and I have lots of QT time. We are having fun and next week we are going to see Nana and Pawpaw. This morning we met Mary Marshall and Michelle for coffee at Starbucks. Then, we went by to wish Gran a Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday Gran!

No comments: