Monday, January 12, 2009

Precious in His Sight



On Sunday, January 11, 2009, Emma was baptized and received into the household of God. We welcomed her into our church family and the day couldn't have been more special. We were so blessed to be able share it with our family and friends!

Of course, we thought she looked adorable in her white bonnet and gown.
Patrick and I were very proud parents. She made it through the morning service without making a peep. After the service, we had everyone over to the house for lunch. It was a gorgeous day filled with lots of love! The day will not be forgotten for lots of reasons!

She wore a treasured family heirloom! The christening gown was made in 1949 and first worn by her great uncle, Rick. Six years later, Nana (my mom) was baptized wearing the same gown. We also have pictures of Rob, Vick, and me wearing the gown.

Not only was the gown special, but she was baptized with water that we had collected on her birth date. 4 1/2 years ago Patrick and I got married in a torrential downpour. Our reception will be one ALL of us will never forget with punch bowls and flower arrangements flying down to the bottom of the hill, 60mph winds causing the white tent to take flight, cars stuck down the mile long driveway trying to park, muddy high heels, mosquitoes. I could go on... These are only a few of the memories... Patrick and I were so glad to finally be married and our church service was everything I had hoped for which was the most important part of the day. So..we made the best of the evening and left for Costa Rica on our honeymoon leaving our parents and friends with a huge mess to clean up the following day.

I tell you all of this because several years later Diana Meldrum got married and it rained the afternoon of her wedding. She told me about this great idea that I fell in love with.. She was told that if it rains on your wedding day collect the rain water and use it to baptize your first born child. Of course, I had not known about this because believe me, I could have collected some rain water for all of you..Every year on my anniversary I was disappointed because there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I believe God does care about the small stuff because it poured all day long on August 19, 2008! It was only appropriate for Emma to be born on a rainy day. Finally, I was able to collect my rain water!

We hope you enjoy the photos and I am so glad our computer is finally fixed!! I will post our Christmas pictures soon.

1 comment:

Molly McInnis said...

Emma is so precious! She was a little angel at her Christening. We are glad we found her blog so we can keep up with what she is going. Malloy loves looking at baby pictures on the computer.